Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Let your spirit FLY

Over the past few weeks i've just been going crazy with things to do. School, work, etc... No wind, or if there was wind, I was at work or in class. Yesterday was the day that i only had one evening class and the wind was blowing. it was warm, abnormally warm, and I was at first thinking YES! I"M GOING! I'm going to skip school and GO!. Then, it looked like the wind wasn't going to survive till after i got off work so i was like "yay... i don't get to fly... i get to go to class instead.....*scowl*" That was what i was thinking. BUT!

Things turned around and the wind kept blowin'! Weird winds though during the day: at one point 5mph at another gusting to 43mph! When I got off the wind was a 18knots, steady as ID winds can be. So off I went, red bull in hand, music blaring and driving to simplot (Meridian and Nampa were already peetering off). I got out there and my good ol' (he's probably in his 70s) friend was out there flyin' his stunt kites. Last time I saw him out there he was walking out on the grass with his walker and his stunt kite on the walker. This guy's my hero.

Anyways, he was out there already flyin' and so I set up and started to preinflate the kite. Got it all set up and launched it. I had a few difficulties at first, like it inverted itself, and i had a line stuck but after all that it was fine.

Flying felt GREAT! BTW: it was like 50+ degrees outside. I hopped on the board and off I went. Took me a bit to get back to feeling comfortable (since it's been like 4 weeks since my last flight) but after I was feeling good I started to attempt my 360s :) . Landed ONE finally! I didn't have enough wind to keep going but I at least landed one...

It was a great evening of flying, I flew till it was dark. After I got done, I came home, ate a couple things and went to the gym to run a mile and do some weights. HA! Good times... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment