Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Don't Leave me Wind!

I was able to get out again on Friday last week (November 20, 2009). I had the opportunity to go in the early afternoon at about 3PM. I got out to Simplot and this awesome guy, Bob was out there flying his 4 line Revolution kite and his 2 line stunt kite. Winds were doing pretty good at about 15mph+ and so I decided to go over and talk with him. This is the third time i've seen him. The first time I saw Bob he was taking his walker out onto the field with his kites right on top of the walker. Bob's a 72 year old kiter, he used to be a sailor for many years and windsurfed till 1977 which is when he got arthritis. He now is an avid kiter and is my personal hero. This guy was out there and we chatted for awhile. After talking with him I went back over and setup my Synergy. Got that thing up after one inverted launch and i was goin good! Doing some good jumps and grabs etc... Bob was totally living vicariously through me because he was watching me the whole time and making comments. Bob, you ROCK!


About my session:

It was freaking awesome, I flew non-stop (except for one inverted kite line tangle) until dark from 3PM so it was probably a solid 2.5 hours. I was out there and it was just perfect, a bit chilly but I couldn't tell the difference. Joey showed up with his gimp leg, dangit. Gotta get that thing healed up so you can get progressing on your landboard again!!! Anyways he was out there and asked me if I wanted to fly his 10m synergy. "nahh... i don't want you to have to set it up"(I was flying the 15m already) Joey says "Dude... at LEAST it will give me SOMETHING to do!" Me, "Ok man, if you end up wanting to set it up, I'll fly it." So Joey sets it up as i'm boarding and next thing I know i'm looking back and he has it in the air and he's standing on one leg flying that bad boy! HA!! Joey that was freaking awesome. So Joey flew it till dark just sitting down letting it pull 'em, standing up etc... Good times. Tyler showed up for about 15 minutes cuz he was in the area but only had about 15 minutes to stay and didn't end up flying. I was able to show off one good big jump and landed a perfect backloop 360. Awesome day all-in-all!

Oh, and I also attempted a good amount of 360s, i'm pretty sure i've got it down now. I over spun on one of 'em and landed on my back, knocking the wind out. Good times... :P .

2 comments:

  1. I think gimp is a strong word, well, maybe not. It's pretty accurate actually. I was jones'n to get some jumps in, but figured it probably wasn't the best idea. Soon I'm hoping. Keep up the stoke.

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!! I had hopes you would see this :P . Just pokin' fun at ya man. We'll definitely have to hit up the snow as soon as it gets here.

    ReplyDelete